Lé tems en Dgernesi (Guernsey Weather)

An AI generated weather report for Guernsey with some Guernesiais thrown in for good measure.

Last updated: 25th May 2024 11:00

Good evening Guernsey! Let's take a look at what the weather has in store for us this week. Today, we're enjoying a glorious bounty of sunshine, although it's a bit hazy as we move towards midday. But don't worry, the sun isn't going anywhere just yet. However, as we move into the afternoon, expect the clouds to roll in with a 40% chance of patchy rain - or "plleute," as we say in Guernesiais - by the time we hit evening. That chance of rain will increase to 60% by nightfall, so if you're planning on hitting the town, don't forget your umbrella! Temperatures will range between a cool 13°C and a comfortable 18°C.

As we move into Sunday, expect a mix of sun and the odd shower. This might be a great day to check out the indoor attractions like the Mallard Cinema or even the Castle Cornet museum if you don't mind a little bit of drizzle. Temperatures will be a tad cooler, ranging from 12°C to 17°C.

Monday morning will be mostly cloudy with a chance of showers, but don't despair! Sunny periods are forecasted for the afternoon. If you're feeling adventurous, why not try the Karting Guernsey track or perhaps a visit to the Guernsey Candles workshop for some indoor fun.

Tuesday will bring rain at times throughout the day, but don't let that dampen your spirits. There's plenty to do indoors, like checking out our local libraries - Priaulx Library or the Guilles-Alles Library.

On Wednesday, the morning will be cloudy with likely rain, but sunny intervals are expected in the afternoon. This might be a great chance to visit the Beau Sejour Leisure Centre or Up Climbing.

Thursday will bring sunny spells throughout the day, with a small chance of a shower developing in the evening. You might want to take this chance to explore our beautiful beaches - perhaps Vazon or Petit Bot. Just remember, if you're heading out, don't forget to say "Warro" (Hi) to your fellow beachgoers!

Finally, our UV Index for the week will be between 4 and 6, so make sure to apply suncream, or as we say in Guernesiais, "crème solil," to protect your skin.

That's all for now, Guernsey. Remember, whatever the weather, there's always something to do on our beautiful island. Until next time, "J'té verrai dmoïn" (See you tomorrow)!